Pros & Cons Of Metal Roofing
Are you struggling to decide if you should choose metal roofing for your home? This blog can help you get rid of your confusion and reach a decision. In this blog, we are sharing with you some important pros and cons of metal roofing.
Let us start with pros.
- Metal roofing is resistant to fire, rot, insects, and mildew.
- A properly installed and maintained metal roof serves you for several decades.
- Metal roofs are lightweight compared to concrete roofs.
- Because of its lightweight, you need to invest less in roof support.
- It is easy to install and consumes less time compared to concrete roofing.
- Metal roofs reflect the sun heat, so they maintain the temperature in your home and reduce your need of air-conditioner.
- Cats and dogs raining and extreme snowfall cannot damage your metal roof. Moreover, the dark tones of your metal roof speed up the process of snowmelt.
Now, we should see some of its cons.
- Metal roofing is an expensive choice. However, when you compare the cost with its durability and other features, you don’t find it expensive.
- Metal roofing creates unwanted noises during rain, snowfall, and hailstorm. However, you can avoid those undesired noises with noise barriers.
- Heavy hailstones may cause denting. Aluminum and copper are more prone to dent than steel.
- Installations must be properly done considering the expansion and contraction properties of the metal. Otherwise, they may create trouble.
- Metal roofs with exposed fasteners are more prone to leakages.
- Paints on metal roofs can peel over time. An important point to note is, almost all paints peel over time.
These were just some pros and cons of metal roofing. If you want to have metal roofing installed on your home, call in a roofing expert Surrey to install the roof. Plus, you should call the roofing expert Surrey to inspect your roof once every year.